Users can manipulate shared entity sets and entities. Users can export/download entities to other data sources and comment on entity sets from the console. When comments are received, only users with whom the entity set has been shared can be notified by e-mail.
Viewing Entity Sets
1. From the ADP console, select the Data Exchange menu, and click the VIEW button for the target entity set.
2. The list of entities included in the entity set will be displayed at the bottom of the screen. If multiple datasources are associated, you can switch the datasource from the icon in the upper left corner.
Exporting Entity Sets
1. Select the entity to be exported and click the "EXPORT" icon from the drop-down menu in the upper left corner.
2. Select the data source to be exported and click the EXPORT button.
Action: If the export destination is Google BigQuery, you need to specify the action and file format.
APPEND: Create a new table in the dataset. If the same table name exists, append the record.
NEW: Create a new table in the dataset. If the same table name exists, exit with an error.
TRUNCATE: Create a new table in the dataset. If the same table name exists, delete all existing records.
Background Operation: If exporting data is time consuming, the export process will run in the background (up to 1 hour) and you will receive an email notification of completion. If this option is not set, the browser will be blocked until the export is complete (up to 9 minutes).
Output header: When exporting from Google BigQuery to Avgidea Storage, you can specify that table headers are included in the CSV file.
* The data source from which entities are read cannot be selected as the export destination.
* See here for a list of data sources to be exported to.
3. When the process is completed successfully, the corresponding entity will be exported to the target dataset.
* If the same table name exists in the dataset, it will be overwritten during export.
Downloading Entity Sets
1. Select the entity to be exported, and click the DOWNLOAD icon from the drop-down menu in the upper right corner.
2. Click the "Download" button in the Download dialog to start downloading the selected entity.
* When downloading from Google BigQuery, table headers can be specified to be included in the CSV file.
Comments on Entity Sets
After selecting the appropriate entity set, you can add a comment to the message thread by entering any string of text in the text field at the bottom right of the entity list.
* Click the Refresh button in the upper left corner of the message thread to refresh it to the latest state.
2. If the Notify option is set, email notifications will be sent to users who have shared the entity set (excluding the user who last added a comment).
* Email notifications will be sent every 10 minutes and up to 5 comments will be included in the body of the email.